Monday, April 2, 2012

No more...

I've come to a decision, folks! No more sugar for me. No more sweet tea, no more sodas, no more sweets. It makes me feel yucky...and hot. I want to go back to things like bananas and apples tasting sweet, as God make them. Our "Made to Crave" study was very good last night. Rachel and I facilitated, and I think we did OK. :) I keep thinking this one phrase, though..."Yes, God loves you no matter what your size...but He loves you enough to not leave you defeated." Why have I let temporary pleasure take away my long-term happiness? Yes, this has cost me long-term things. I'm 36 years old, and my back and feet ache. I feel like I'm 10 years older, even 20 years older, than I really am. It's not right. I know I've made some changes, but I think this is the big one. This is the true basic evil that pulls me in every time. It's not that I eat too much in one sitting (thanks to my surgery) or that I eat too much fat. It's the sugar...which makes me want more sugar, which makes me want more sugar. It's a vicious cycle that HAS...TO...STOP. I didn't come to terms with it until last night, and at lunch, I made my decision. My wedding anniversary is Thursday, and we had planned on going to a restaurant quite a long drive away, but I don't want to go now because the only reason I wanted to go was the coconut cream pie. No more. I'm tired of it. Thanks for your support and kind words. They keep me going. :)

1 comment: