Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Four-letter word...

Fail. Yeah, that's a four-letter word, but seems like it keeps popping in my head. We started a program with a weight loss program three years ago and did it for a few months, but of course, that fell through...as most things have. We've called them to check on the credit card charges, but hearing the manager's voice on my voice mail really made me think back to when we were involved in the program. My mind raced through all the programs, weight loss pills and surgery I've been through. Surprisingly to me, instead of being motivated, it made me want to withdraw and not do anything, just shrink out of view and not do anything. Why is that? I should be motivated by that, motivated to succeed this time. "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns has made me think of this situation before, but it's screaming to me today.

But the giant's calling out my name
And he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed

The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again
"Boy you'll never win!
You'll never win!"

But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
...
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I would choose to listen and believe the voice of truth


No comments:

Post a Comment