Monday, January 16, 2012

Couch to 5K?

I've heard of this "Couch to 5K" program before, but never really thought about it. I researched a little and found that our local Fleet Feet store has a program that begins on March 1st and is geared toward training for our church's AmazinGrace in May. Steven and I got really excited about exercise this weekend. I'm to the point I feel bad again. Every time I get up from sitting for a while, I'm so stiff, I have to stand there for a second. That's not good. I'm 36, for crying out loud. In fact, I had a photography workshop on my calendar for tomorrow, but we're hitting the gym instead. I'm all about planning and new things, so I'm going to research this "Couch to 5K" thing a little more and map out a plan. Apparently, it's an 8 or 9-week program. I wanted to do our church's 5K this year, but we head for Florida that day. Boo. :( I did find a website that includes a calendar of local race events, and fortunately, there are quite a few others in which to participate. :)

I haven't had a chance to watch the second part of the DVD I mentioned in my previous post, but I hope to do that soon. I did begin an 8-week Beth Moore study last night entitled "James: Mercy Triumphs," so I'm excited about that. I'm looking forward to doing the homework and meeting each week for the video portions. Steven and I are also reading through the Bible in a year, so that's a daily thing. I had a solo yesterday that I'd sung 2 or 3 times before, but Jessica told me I had some confidence yesterday. I said, "I know, where did THAT come from?" Haha! ;) Seems like since I took the step of baptism, things have been different. I'm still not anywhere near who I need to be, but I'm actually interested in Bible study and similar things.

Hang with me, we'll get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment